Explorer Nation
Thanks for joining us on the Forum. We have simplified the registration form as much as we could so it takes less than 30 seconds to register. Go ahead, register now and start posting.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Explorer Nation
Thanks for joining us on the Forum. We have simplified the registration form as much as we could so it takes less than 30 seconds to register. Go ahead, register now and start posting.
Explorer Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I reset a keyless entry key pad on a Ford Explorer?

3 posters

Go down

How do I reset a keyless entry key pad on a Ford Explorer? Empty How do I reset a keyless entry key pad on a Ford Explorer?

Post by Admin Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:25 pm

I just bought this truck and do not know the entry code. I know Lincoln used to put the code on the trunk hinges in case you forgot it. Does anyone know if that is the case on Ford trucks too?

Admin
Admin

XP Level : 1002

https://explorernation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do I reset a keyless entry key pad on a Ford Explorer? Empty Re: How do I reset a keyless entry key pad on a Ford Explorer?

Post by Sheltonfilms Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:29 pm

There is a 5 digit code listed on the BCM (aka dash fuse box), under the driver side dash. This is the master code.

Forscan also has the ability to read the code without you breaking your neck.

Sheltonfilms

XP Level : 5

Back to top Go down

How do I reset a keyless entry key pad on a Ford Explorer? Empty Re: How do I reset a keyless entry key pad on a Ford Explorer?

Post by JoeG Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Sheltonfilms wrote:There is a 5 digit code listed on the BCM (aka dash fuse box), under the driver side dash. This is the master code.

Forscan also has the ability to read the code without you breaking your neck.

Thanks for this info! I would have never found this.. Also, what is Forscan ? is it the programmer that Ford uses? or is it something that can be purchased or downloaded?

JoeG

XP Level : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheltonfilms Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:10 pm

It's a free (at least now) software that is essentially the result of reverse engineering Fords IDS dealer tool/software.

You can buy a cheap Bluetooth obdII adapter (anywhere from $20-$80) and pretty much do anything a dealer can do and even more.

Sheltonfilms

XP Level : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down