Explorer Nation
Thanks for joining us on the Forum. We have simplified the registration form as much as we could so it takes less than 30 seconds to register. Go ahead, register now and start posting.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Explorer Nation
Thanks for joining us on the Forum. We have simplified the registration form as much as we could so it takes less than 30 seconds to register. Go ahead, register now and start posting.
Explorer Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air pressure sound like in cabin 2013 XLT

2 posters

Go down

Air pressure sound like in cabin 2013 XLT Empty Air pressure sound like in cabin 2013 XLT

Post by JoeG Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 pm

I have a 2013 XLT AWD.
For the last year or so I've been hearing a sound that I can only describe as an air leak, almost like a blow off valve or turbo spool. It only happens when you accelerate, as the transmission shifts the sound goes away but it comes back randomly at times, only during acceleration. Note* I do not have an Ecoboost, I have the 3.5 NA. scratch

It does not seem to affect performance in any way, its just a little annoying when you're driving and you here this sound, like when you blow air through a straw.. The sound seems to be coming from under the pedal driver's side dash area, around the pedals.
Anyone else here have this same issue?

JoeG

XP Level : 20

Back to top Go down

Air pressure sound like in cabin 2013 XLT Empty Re: Air pressure sound like in cabin 2013 XLT

Post by JoeG Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:47 pm

bump bounce

JoeG

Back to top Go down

Air pressure sound like in cabin 2013 XLT Empty Re: Air pressure sound like in cabin 2013 XLT

Post by FordBoost15 Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Exhaust leak maybe.? I've had that sound before on my vw Touareg, ended up being exhaust leak right under the driver seat section of the truck. Just throwing it out there. Have you tried keeping it running in park, leave driver side door open and give it some gas to see if you can track the sound. Just trying to trouble shoot a little, hopefully it'll help out. Good luck Very Happy

FordBoost15

XP Level : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeG Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:55 pm

FordBoost15 wrote:Exhaust leak maybe.? I've had that sound before on my vw Touareg, ended up being exhaust leak right under the driver seat section of the truck. Just throwing it out there. Have you tried keeping it running in park, leave driver side door open and give it some gas to see if you can track the sound. Just trying to trouble shoot a little, hopefully it'll help out. Good luck Very Happy

Interesting.. I didn't think it could be an exhaust leak but I will def give that a try and report back. Thanks for the suggestion

JoeG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down