Explorer Nation
Thanks for joining us on the Forum. We have simplified the registration form as much as we could so it takes less than 30 seconds to register. Go ahead, register now and start posting.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Explorer Nation
Thanks for joining us on the Forum. We have simplified the registration form as much as we could so it takes less than 30 seconds to register. Go ahead, register now and start posting.
Explorer Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear passenger side breaks 2013

2 posters

Go down

rear passenger side breaks 2013 Empty rear passenger side breaks 2013

Post by ivan2o1 Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:36 pm

I've been having constant issues with the rear passenger brakes for the past couple of months. I believe they're seizing I've changed both rotors and pass and over time they begin to seize again. I'm considering changing the brake caliper to see if that is that issue. Any suggestions or any one else having this problet?

Also I wanted to post to get my free EXPLORERNATION Decal Very Happy

ivan2o1

XP Level : 3

Back to top Go down

rear passenger side breaks 2013 Empty Re: rear passenger side breaks 2013

Post by JoeG Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 pm

I've had the same issue on mine, also on the rear!! At first, the dealership said that the caliper pistons were filled with gunk and road grime, they cleaned them and sprayed some lubrication and it was good for like 2 months before it happened again. I went back and they said it was a spring that needed lubrication this time, so they "fixed" it but the issue came back after 2 weeks.. At that point I needed new brake pads so I decided to get new calipers as well, it costed me around $400 for the whole job but so far so good. It's been 6 months now, no issues. Very Happy

JoeG

XP Level : 20

Back to top Go down